Marketing strategies are not one size fits all. Business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) marketing each have their own needs and challenges. In addition, each business has its own unique marketing focus. Whether you want your company to market according to your stated mission goals or have a niche market you want to reach with your product, at Media Components, we offer tools to help companies reach businesses and consumers. These are ten of the most effective B2B and B2C marketing strategies we implement for our clients.
Ten Effective B2B Marketing Strategies
Effective business-to-business marketing strategies focus on efficiency and value for the business decision-makers you are targeting. You are targeting people who have specific needs for their business and limited time in their day to devote to sales pitches. From Main Stree to the C Suite, these are the most effective strategies we have found for reaching busy business leaders.
- Content Marketing focuses on providing information important to business leaders, allowing you to demonstrate your expertise to build your brand and attract clients who need your services.
- Inbound Marketing creates a connection between informational content and your products and services. Rather than relying on ads, inbound marketing draws people in through links in your blog posts, social media, and online searches.
- Social Media Marketing builds brand recognition, generates leads, and draws clients to your site and services by sharing information people find interesting, relevant, and sharable in turn.
- Search Engine Optimization increases traffic to your social media platforms and websites by utilizing keywords, content, and format to ensure potential clients find you when browsing social media or searching the internet.
- Search Engine Marketing/PPC utilizes ad platforms on search engine sites such as Google to help draw potential clients to you by targeting them as they search for your services or related services and products.
- Account Based Marketing (ABM) and Retargeting is a form of outbound marketing that attempts to recapture the attention of people who visited your website but didn’t commit by targeting the interests and behaviors they demonstrated on the site (recorded by website cookies)
- Earned Media and PR efforts are non-solicited and non-paid methods of gaining attention for your company. From word-of-mouth to mentions of your company in media, this type of marketing builds awareness and trust.
- Referral Programs incentivize people to refer others to your business. These referrals can come from current clients or through affiliate marketing.
- Industry Events such as trade shows provide opportunities for companies to showcase their expertise, build their brand, and generate new leads.
- Conversational Marketing utilizes real-time engagement through live chat or chatbots to gain the attention of prospective clients, answer questions, and convert visitors into clients.
Ten Effective B2C Marketing Strategies
Business to consumer strategies focuses on brand-building and direct marketing to help elevate a brand above the general noise of advertisements consumers experience in their daily lives.
- Social Networks and Viral Marketing create content that draws consumer attention through memes, videos, and other social media content. Sharing and engagement are important to ensure your content makes it to the top of the algorithm.
- Paid Media Advertising helps companies get their product in front of consumers based on their search and social media habits.
- Internet Marketing is a broad term that covers social media, search engines, and email marketing, all designed to meet consumers where they are.
- Email Marketing helps companies keep consumers updated with news, sales, and events.
- Direct Selling builds person-to-person relationships between salesmen and consumers.
- Point-of-Purchase (POP) Marketing displays bring products to customers when they’re ready to purchase – in stores at the cash register or as related recommendations when they go to their shopping cart online.
- Co-Branding, Affinity, and Cause Marketing offer companies ways to bring their brands together, utilize cross-marketing efforts, and even build brand trust by working with non-profits.
- Conversational Marketing engages customers through live chats and chatbots to answer questions and help convert interest to sales.
- Earned Media/PR offers businesses free advertising opportunities to reach consumers (just as it does with B2B marketing), building trust and brand recognition through media mentions and word-of-mouth.
- Storytelling engages customers emotionally, demonstrating the company’s values and how their product or service can enhance customers’ lives.